- Record games, screencasts, presentations and more for your YouTube videos or school / work projects.
- Livestream on Twitch or YouTube with proper settings for a good connection
- Setup OBS to get optimal video quality and output size
- Make your recording sessions easier by tweaking hotkeys and other settings
- Learn about companion software that can help you record videos but also assist you when you are done recording and need to go to post production
- Filter out backgrounds with Chroma Key technology and a green screen
- Control your audio with noise filters and gates for better quality
- Separate your audio into multiple output channels so that you can edit your microphone audio and desktop audio seperately in post production
- Learn the workflow of doing recordings and livestreams so that you can get your videos finished
- Learn the basics of OBS plugins for those who want to extend the app's functionality
Be sure to pick the program up for Windows, Mac, and Linux at https://obsproject.com/ before we get started.
In this course, you'll learn how to
- record a variety of video footage using your computer including screencasts and game recordings
- stream your live content to YouTube and Twitch.tv
- integrate community plugins with Open Broadcaster Software
- modify the commonly used settings to increase the quality of your recordings
- add in as many source elements as you desire to create a customized video display
- remove backgrounds from sources using color key / chroma key
- eliminating background noise with the microphone noise gate or audio post-production program Audacity
My philosophy in information technology and learning in general is that video learning is the best way to learn for yourself. I can provide the videos but it's up to you as my student to absorb and practice the information to become a more educated and skilled person.
If you want to get a taste of my approach to education and tutorial series, you can find me on my YouTube tutorial channel Chris' Tutorials.
StartQuick Start 2018 - Start to Finish in 30 Minutes (2018 / 2019) (29:58)
StartFast & Simple Game Recording with Facecam / Webcam Setup (2:26)
StartColor / Chroma Key (7:28)
StartTalking Head / Webcam Setup with Filtered Out Background (4:25)
StartMicrophone Test (2:56)
StartRecording Web Browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Brave, Edge) (4:46)
StartGeneral Settings (2:40)
StartEncoding Settings (5:30)
StartVideo and Audio (4:29)
StartMicrophone Noise Gate (4:34)
StartNoise Reduction for Recording & Streaming (Reaper Filter) (6:18)
StartRecord Multiple Separate Audio Tracks (3:23)
StartColor Grading LUT Filter Setup (3:52)
Frequently Asked Questions
It's available for free download for Windows, Mac, and Linux. We'll be working with the windows version in this course. The other versions work perfectly well but may not have identical settings or support for specific plugins as of yet.